2017 Raised over $100,000
DATE: Saturday September 8th, 2018
TIME: Registration: 12:00pm-1:00pm | Event: 1:00pm- 4:00pm
LOCATION: Sawgrass Lanes
8501 N University Drive
Tamarac, FL 33321
Your participation makes a direct impact in the lives of Broward County residents living with chronic and critical illnesses including cancer, heart disease, diabetes and HIV.
Each registration includes 3 games of bowling, shoe rental, event t shirt and gift bag.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Register as a Virtual Bowler, a Bowler or a Team Captain.
- Team Captains can register their team of 5 Bowlers.
- Invest in a Sponsorship Opportunity that range from $500 to $12,500
- Once registered, create your personal fundraiser and invite others to support your efforts. Remember, there are cool prizes for individuals and groups that raise the most money.
- Donate raffle and/or silent auction prizes (last year this effort raised over $12,000 for the event).
- Host a Launch Party or an event for a team at your business, restaurant or bar.
- Spread the word about Bowling To Fight Hunger across your social media profiles by liking and posting the event's Facebook page.
- Become an event volunteer - email email@example.com
WHERE THE MONEY GOES
The Poverello Center, Inc., was originally founded in 1987 by Father Bill Collins to feed people who at the time, were dying in large numbers from complications from AIDS. Today, Poverello continues providing food as medicine to people with HIV who are living with the virus as a chronic condition, but also provides food as medicine to people with Cardiac and Kidney problems as well as those with glycemic disorders, Cancer or other Critical/Chronic illnesses. Each year nearly 3,000 families needing support come to the Poverello Center, Inc. to select medically appropriate grocery items from our specialized healthy groceries.
As one of the only 100% consumer choice, medically tailored grocery pantry’s in the country, Poverello also makes available without charge, medical nutrition therapy, wellness services and linkage into care services for people who have fallen out of primary medical care.
At our Live Well Center, any person with chronic illness in the community may access our full-service gym, chiropractic services, acupuncture, haircuts, reiki or massage free of charge. The idea is to provide a safe, accepting place for people to receive support and health services. Persons in the community who have clothing or household item needs and receive services from us are provided for from items donated by the community to our thrift store. Also, did you know we help other non-profit organizations in the community?
In addition to Poverello’s Eat Well Center Food Pantry the Center offers:
- Full Service Gym
- Onsite Nutritionist
- Barber services
- Cooking Classes
- Mental Health Classes
100% of the funds raised from the Bowling to Fight Hunger event will benefit Poverello’s clients by providing these lifesaving health and nutritional services.